From Booking Through Thursday:
1. Do you have multiple copies of any of your books?
2. If so, why? Absent-mindedness? You love them that much? First Editions for the shelf, but paperbacks to read?
3. If not, why not? Not enough space? Not enough money? Too sensible to do something so foolish?!
1. I have multiple copies of some of my favourite books.
2. Never because of absent-mindedness; I know what books I have. Usually because I love them that much. Sometimes I want reading copies (that I can wear out) and good copies to keep. Sometimes I want lending copies. I only have multiple copies of books by a few of my very favourite authors; specifically, Dorothy Dunnett, Lois McMaster Bujold, Karin Lowachee and J.R.R. Tolkien. In the case of Tolkien, I have collected different editions, to get good covers and bindings.
3. I don't have enough space for multiple copies of other things, or money enough to buy a lot of multiple copies. So I am selective in the process.