From The Friday Five:
1. Would you rather have the unpredictability of live theatre or the predictability of a movie?
I would choose a live play every time - I love live theatre. Live experiences in general. Not that I don't like movies, though I find that there are not many movies I am interested in these days
2. Do you prefer the symphony and/or opera to a live band or the other way around?
I prefer symphony or opera, but it depends more on the quality of the music - and how much I like it individually - than the type.
3. When you go to a museum, where do you head first?
Depends on the museum, of course. If there is a medieval area, I go there.(I love the Cluny, and The Choisters!) If there is an Egyptian area, I go there. If neither, I go to whatever the earliest historical era is, in the museum. If nothing is historical, or if it's 19th century and later, I go for textiles and fashion.
4. Would you prefer a pub crawl or a sampling of beer or wine in one restaurant?
I don't really like alcohol, and I'm always stymied as to what to order in a pub. I'd like a cafe where I can order tea or coffee. I like pubs in Britain - just for the ambience.
5. When you visit a new place, what is the first thing you like to visit – something recommended by a travel agency/travel book or something recommended by a friend?
I don't tend to go places I don't know much ahead of time. So usually I am either therefor an event- a convention, a play, a visit with a friend- or because there is something there that has drawn my attention, a castle or archeological site, usually. Sometimes I am lucky enough to go somewhere - say, on a cruise ship - where the joy is in being able to sit and watch the ocean,and read.