I watched Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. again tonight, this time with Pim and
Because I am pretty much madly in love with her anyway, it's hard to adjust.
Now that that is off my chest...
A look at more details:
- On first viewing, Skye (and Chloe Bennet) seemed to my eyes too like the other women, too middle class, too ordinary and charming to be the counter-culture hacker who lives in a van. I wanted her to be like Kenzie in Lost Girl, or more goth, or more... something. Second time, I really liked her. Pim thought at first she was too much like Elisha Dushku but this time I saw her as more like Jewel Staite - which isn't a bad thing at all.
- Great to see Ron Glass as Dr. Strieten. I hope he appears regularly, and has his own story.
- Love seeing the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo on their lab coats and all over the place.
- Having Skye and Coulson fly away in Lola was sort of ... perfect.
- I like the way people are freaked by the appearance of superheroes, gods, aliens and monsters, and S.H.I.E.L.D. has to deal with that.
- I was really prepared to dislike Grant Ward, who has that "I'm really a geek and a doofus, aren't I cute?" vibe that some of my least favourite Whedon men have. But he somehow pulls it off without being annoying; he's enough of a superspy to play both ends of the spectrum. And I loved Coulson jabbing him with the SHIELD-penta to earn Skye's trust.
- Agent Coulson is better than ever. What is the secret of his resurrection? Is he a Life Model Decoy? A clone? Was he magicked alive by Dr. Strange, or given Fury's elixir?
- I still think Hydra is behind the people with the alien tech who are trying to create superheroes. But we won't know till they tell us.
- Is there anybody slashable there yet?
- Have I mentioned how I adore Fitz and Simmons? The best science team since... since... well, maybe ever. The best since Stark and Banner.
- I love the way there were plenty of references for us comics obsessives to crow over, but the show didn't suffer in the least if you didn't know the references.
- Five days till episode two.